NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005
NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup challenges you to battle through a groundbreaking new story mode to achieve NASCAR stardom.
Develop your racing skills and intimidate your rivals on the track with all-new controls. Off the track, force the action with post-race confrontations, and settle disputes with NASCAR stars by racing Americas top production cars through city streets.
- Introducing Fight to the Top Mode - Become a superstar owner or driver and decide where and how you want to race. Develop essential racing skills, increase fan support, and compete in three new racing series as you become the driver that top NASCAR teams are looking for.
- All-New Chase for the Cup - The first and only game to feature the new NASCAR point system. This 10-race championship shootout is available in both Fight to the Top mode as well as its own stand-alone game mode.
- Next Generation Grudges and Alliances - Make your driver a hero or a villain. Force mistakes with the new Intimidation Button or flatten competitors' tires by rubbing fenders (as you risk flattening your own). Rivalries even spill off the track with post-race confrontations.
- Three New Racing Series - NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup expands its racing field with the addition of the NASCAR Busch Series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, and Featherlite Modified Series. Opportunities present themselves on all levels-you're a few wins away from hittin' the main show: the NEXTEL Cup Series.
- American Muscle Production Cars - Settle bitter rivalries with other NASCAR drivers through the streets in production cars. The top American performance cars, including the Ford GT, Dodge Viper, and Corvette Z06, provide a high-speed, no-holds-barred style of racing far away from the watchful eyes of NASCAR officials.
- Win the Crowd - Fans play an important role in your success. Make decisions that will define your drivers popularity, like whether to participate in the Autograph Session mini-game. Sales of customizable merchandise including Bobbleheads, T-shirts, and Die Cast Cars depend on your actions both on and off the track. Remember, you don't have to be a nice guy to become a fan favorite.
- Earn Skill Points - Connect your skills and accomplishments through various game modes with the new Skill Points reward system. Accumulate Skill Points each time you pass, block, draft, recover, or make a pit stop. You can also improve ratings by passing SpeedZone and Lightning Challenges, or turn in Skill Points to unlock in-game secrets.
- Create-A-Driver - Put yourself inside the world of NASCAR - literally. Customize your body and racing gear or create your own team colors and designs.
- All-New Xbox Live - Chase for the Cup now runs online on the Xbox with up to four simultaneous live racers trading paint against a full field of 43 cars on a single track. With all the different racing series available, along with improved anti-cheating measures, your online racing experience just reached a whole new level.